Thank you for supporting the State Historical Society of Missouri! Your commitment to protecting and sharing Missouri history makes our mission of preservation and education possible.
Your gift to the State Historical Society of Missouri provides essential support for the Society's ongoing commitment to collect, preserve, and share the record of Missouri's history and cultural heritage. Because of your generous support, SHSMO can expand collections, host public programs and events, publish the Missouri Historical Review, and more!
YOUR GIFT SUPPORTS
COLLECTIONS at STATEWIDE RESEARCH CENTERS
Your donation directly funds the collections held at the State Historical Society of Missouri. Because of you, SHSMO can preserve and provide access to Missouri art, newspapers, manuscripts, maps, photographs, and more!
These diverse collections are housed at six research centers across the Show-Me state, located in Columbia, Cape Girardeau, Kansas City, Rolla, St. Louis, and Springfield.
Your support also allows SHSMO to increase digitized materials, making collections easily accessible online from anywhere in the world.
The State Historical Society of Missouri offers a wide range of learning opportunities for students and educators in K-12, including:
- Welcoming students and teachers to SHSMO research centers for tours and workshops
- Sharing digital resources from SHSMO collections
- Expanding the Historic Missourians website, featuring notable people who influenced the Show-Me State
- Helping students put their own stamp on history through the National History Day in Missouri program
SHSMO also offers events and resources for academic and lifelong learners, including:
- History on Elm series, exploring topics from Missouri art and authors to unique SHSMO collections
- Missouri Historical Review scholarly journal
- SHSMO on-demand programs
- African American Experience in Missouri series
- Our Missouri podcast