August 10, 2021, will mark the two hundredth anniversary of Missouri’s entry as the 24th state to enter the United States. A state with many different regional cultures, geographies, and industries, each Missouri community, county, and region has a story to tell about its people, their history, their commerce, and their culture. By celebrating the accomplishments and diversity of all these regions, we help create a better understanding of our one Missouri and the ties that bind us together.
A successful commemoration of Missouri’s two hundredth year will engage all 114 counties and the City of St. Louis in a meaningful look at the Show-Me State’s past, present, and future. Missourians will reflect on the events that have shaped their communities, counties, regions, and the entire State, while starting a new chapter in its’ unique history.
While a time of celebration, it is also a time to reflect and to build a strong future for the State, setting the course for Missouri’s next 200 years.
There are a number of ways to be a part of the Missouri Bicentennial:
- Stay Informed on the planning progress by signing up for email updates.
- Share Feedback on the best ways to interpret and commemorate 200 years of Missouri history through the idea submission form.
- Join the Conversation on social media through the Missouri 2021 Facebook page.
- View pictures from our travels around the state on Instagram.
- Get Involved in planning for the Missouri Bicentennial by requesting more information from the Missouri Bicentennial Coordinator.
Visit the Missouri 2021 website to learn more.