The Missouri Historical Review, an award-winning scholarly quarterly, has served as the cornerstone of SHSMO's publication program since 1906. This richly illustrated journal features current scholarship on all facets of the state's history. The Missouri Historical Review also contains reviews of and notes on recently published books about the history of the state and local areas and the lives of Missourians.
Subscribe to the Missouri Historical Review
Questions about purchasing individual issues, past or current, should be sent to email@example.com.
Issues from 1906 to 2017 are freely available online.
The editors of the Missouri Historical Review welcome submission of articles and annotated documents relating to the history of Missouri. Any aspect of Missouri history will be considered for publication in the Review. Manuscripts pertaining to all fields of American history will be considered if the subject matter has significant relevance to the history of Missouri, the Middle West, or the West. Genealogical studies are not accepted because of limited appeal to general readers.
Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts electronically, preferably in Microsoft Word. Text and notes should be double-spaced, with notes prepared according to The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th ed. Originality of subject, general interest of the article, sources used, interpretation, and style are criteria for acceptance and publication. Manuscript length, exclusive of notes, should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words. Each submission should be accompanied by a curriculum vita. The editorial staff will not evaluate manuscripts that have been published elsewhere or are under consideration at another publication. Articles that are accepted for publication become the property of The State Historical Society of Missouri and may not be published elsewhere without permission. SHSMO does not accept responsibility for statements of fact or opinion made by authors or book reviewers.
Manuscripts should be sent to John Brenner, Managing Editor, Missouri Historical Review, at firstname.lastname@example.org or The State Historical Society of Missouri, 605 Elm Street, Columbia, MO 65201.
Gary R. Kremer
- Brooks R. Blevins, Missouri State University, Springfield
- Keona Ervin, University of Missouri, Columbia
- William E. Foley, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg
- Robert W. Frizzell, University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
- Alan R. Havig, Stephens College, Columbia
- Patrick Huber, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla
- Walter D. Kamphoefner, Texas A&M University, College Station
- Virginia J. Laas, Missouri Southern State University, Joplin
- Matthew Mancini, Saint Louis University
- Diane Mutti Burke, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Bonnie Stepenoff, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau