Missouri Conference on History
and Midwest Regional Meeting of Phi Alpha Theta
This registration will go live at a future date.
Join Us in 2024
Join us March 13-15, 2024, at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Columbia for the sixty-sixth annual Missouri Conference on History, hosted by the State Historical Society of Missouri.
Looking Back at 2023
The sixty-fifth annual Missouri Conference on History held on March 15-17, 2023, in Springfield, Missouri, was hosted by the Missouri State University’s College of Humanities and Public Affairs and History Department, sponsored by the State Historical Society of Missouri, and supported through a generous grant from the Missouri Humanities Trust Fund.
About the Missouri Conference on History
The Missouri Conference on History brings together teachers of history and other professional historians to share in the presentation of the results of research, to exchange information on teaching and curriculum, to consider ways to promote interest in history and the welfare of the profession, and to discuss other concerns common to all historians. All persons interested or involved in the teaching of history, historical research, historical preservation, or any other professional application of history are welcome.
2023-2024 Steering Committee
- Gary Kremer (The State Historical Society of Missouri) – President/Secretary/Treasurer, Ex-officio
- Tim Westcott (Park University/Phi Alpha Theta) – Vice President, Ex-officio
- Ashley Beard-Fosnow (Missouri Humanities Council) – Ex-officio
- John Dougan (Missouri State Archives) – Ex-officio
- Marlin Barber (Missouri State University) – FY22 – FY24, first term
- Miller Boyd III (Whitfield School) – FY22 – FY24, first term
- Petra DeWitt (Missouri University of Science & Technology) – FY24 – FY26, second term
- Elyssa Ford (Northwest Missouri State University) – FY22 – FY24, second term
- Jeremy Neely (Missouri State University) – FY24 – FY26, second term
- Jordan Pellerito (University of Missouri-Columbia) – FY23 – FY25, first term
- Lily Santoro (Southeast Missouri State University) – FY23 – FY25, second term
The Missouri Conference on History seeks paper, panel, and student poster proposals in all fields of history. The conference is particularly interested in proposals for complete sessions, including panelists, chair, and commentator.
Register to enjoy presentations of new research on a wide variety of topics, March 2023. The conference is hosted by the State Historical Society of Missouri.
The Missouri Conference on History grants awards with cash prizes for books, articles, and student papers. See nomination details.
Learn about sponsorship levels and benefits or how to become a sponsor.