Rolla Research Center, Rolla, MO
Job ID: 45778
Full/Part Time: Part-time
The State Historical Society of Missouri seeks a part-time Archivist to process manuscript collections, conduct research room services, and promote manuscript materials.
- Accession, arrange, describe and otherwise process manuscript, photograph, audio-visual, oral histories, electronic records, and other research materials in accordance with standard and local principles and practices.
- Assist in the appraisal of records and items within the collection. Maintain an accurate and complete collection description and inventory. Prepare reports and statistics on work progress.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the preservation and reformatting of materials in the collection.
- Conduct basic preservation of materials such as cleaning and mending of damaged papers.
- Promote collections using social media platforms and SHSMO publications.
$17.43-$20.19 per hour
Time up to 20 hours per week between Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Prospective employees must register with the online HR system and submit an application through the University of Missouri Office of Human Resources. Under "Academic & Staff Positions," choose the relevant link from beneath the "Staff positions" heading. The job posting can be found by searching with the job ID.