For this research service, SHSMO staff will spend up to 30 minutes searching for specific reference questions that can be answered from all Society collections.
- Newspaper requests that extend beyond thirty minutes will be charged the extended research request fee.
- Newspaper items will be checked that have a particular date associated with them, such as deaths, births, marriages, local events, natural disasters, etc., found in newspapers from Missouri held in the Society's Newspaper Collection.
- Accurate name, location and date of event are required.
- Only one name may be submitted at a time.
- Additional requests may be submitted once the previous request has been completed.
- Requests that do not contain all the required information cannot be processed.
- Before submitting a newspaper search request, patrons should consult the newspaper catalog, and verify that a newspaper exists for the time and place in question.
Includes up to 10 photocopies
- $10 for SHSMO members
- $20 for Missouri residents
- $30 for non-Missouri residents