Location: Center for Missouri Studies in Columbia
Description: The strategic communications intern will work with communications and programming staff to promote the State Historical Society of Missouri, its events, and its program initiatives.
This opportunity is particularly well-suited to students pursuing degrees in marketing, strategic communications, and graphic design. There are no specific education program requirements, and anyone interested is encouraged to apply. An internship requiring specific criteria for credit can be accommodated.
Depending on your stated goals, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate on written and multimedia content.
- Create print and digital marketing materials.
- Assist with on-site, virtual, and hybrid programs.
- Write and publish an article in the SHSMO membership magazine.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
Strategic communications internships are offered during the spring, summer, and fall semesters on-site at the Center for Missouri Studies. Remote projects may be available, but you should expect to spend time at the Center during the course of the internship. The position is unpaid.
This internship may be completed for credit if approved by your program.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.