For this research service, SHSMO staff will conduct up to 2 hours of research for one individual name or one topic (local event, building history, business history, etc.) across all Society collections.
- Please submit one name or topic at a time.
- Submit an additional request once the previous request has been completed.
- Genealogical requests should contain:
- The full name of the individual whose record is requested.
- County or city associated with the individual.
- Exact date of the event if known. For all other requests, please indicate as narrow a time period as possible.
- Historical research requests must contain a specific question. e.g., "My great-grandfather John Smith was living in Wright County in 1870. Can you tell me his siblings and parents?" Please avoid questions such as: "I would like any and all information you have on John Smith in Wright County."
- Research Center staff will review the request.
- Requests are processed in the order they are received.
Per each hour of research, up to two hours
Includes up to 20 photocopies
- $20 for SHSMO members
- $30 for Missouri residents
- $50 for non-Missouri residents
Additional copies are $0.25 per page. Patrons will be informed of additional photocopy costs upon completion of the order.
For requests that require more research than the staff can provide, patrons may be referred to a private researcher.