August 10, 2021, marks the two hundredth anniversary of Missouri’s entry as the 24th state of the United States. A state with many different regional cultures, geographies, and industries, we celebrate the accomplishments and diversity of all these regions while seeking to create a better understanding of our one Missouri and the ties that bind us together.
At 9:00 am on August 10, join us live from the front steps of the Missouri State Capitol for a formal ceremony marking the two hundredth anniversary of Missouri statehood. We will also reveal the official Missouri Bicentennial stamp.
- Bicentennial Commission Co-chair and Jefferson City Mayor Carrie Tergin
- SHSMO Executive Director Gary R. Kremer
- U.S. Senator Roy D. Blunt
- Missouri Supreme Court Chief Justice Paul C. Wilson
- Governor Michael L. Parson
- Missouri Poet Laureate Maryfrances Wagner
More Statehood Day Events in Jefferson City
On August 9 and 10, you can enjoy many bicentennial-related events and exhibitions on and around the Missouri State Capitol grounds.
Missouri Statehood Day events and exhibitions are organized by the Missouri Bicentennial Commission and sponsored by Union Pacific, Shelter Insurance, Centene Corporation, Missouri Realtors, and BNSF Railway.