Construction of Union Station. [George A. Fuller Company Photograph Collection, 1911-ca. 1922, (K0080)]
Digital Collections Update
June 17, 2016
As part of a committment to provide access to an increasing number of photographs, oral histories, newspapers, letters, diaries, and journals, the State Historical Society of Missouri devotes significant resources to digitizing materials for researchers. A number of new additions from around the state are included below.
- 103 photographs from the George A. Fuller Company Photograph Collection, 1911-ca. 1922, (K0080). This collection contains construction site photographs for buildings constructed by the George A. Fuller Company in Kansas City, Missouri. Represented online are Union Station, Children's Mercy Hospital, the Federal Reserve Bank, Nelson Memorial Chapel, the S.S. Kresge Building, and the Railway Exchange Building.
- 226 photographs from the Mary Jane Barnett (1908-1997) Papers, 1913-1997, (CG0004). Photographs from 1913-1991 document Mary Jane Barnett and Elaine Davis and their lives as partners and business women. Images reflect their personal relationship, family and friends, business practices, and the southeast Missouri region.
- 18 photographs from the Harrison H. George (1858-1929) Photograph Collection, ca. 1900-ca. 1903, (K0377). The collection includes photographs of livestock in the Kansas City Stockyards and near the Swift and Company packing plant; buildings, including some at Midland Park in Kansas City, Kansas, and the Armour Packing Company facility; damage from the 1903 flood, including the Swift and Company plant under water, a wrecked locomotive, wreckage above the Central Avenue Viaduct, and the State Bank of Commerce.
- Photographs of and related to the Kansas City Convention Hall, including 11 images from the Convention Halls and Municipal Auditorium Scrapbook, 1899-1954, (K0938) and 141 photographs from the Kansas City Convention Hall Records, ca. 1899-1936, (K0269).
- 53 photographs from the Warren G. Harber Papers, 1942-2012, (CG0009). The majority of the photographs span from 1942 to 1946 and represent the donor's military service during World War II, with many of them taken while stationed in Italy.
Additions to Collections
- 145 photographs added to Schmidt, Maximilian E., Photographs, (P0001) for a total of 733 online.
- 1,491 photographs added to Missouri Ruralist, Photographs, (P0030) for a total of 2,647 online. This addition covers December 1951 through September 1957.
- 7 photographs added to Steinberg, Simon C. "Si" (1906-2002), Photograph Collection, 1938, 1950, (P0005) for a total of 23 online. These are images of the Firestone Baars Chapel Groundbreaking at Stephens College. The entire collection is now online.